My other artistic passion for pin striping and custom art on motorcycles and motorcycle accessories now has its own site here: http://www.redvixenpinstriping.com
Check it out!
For this project I simply spray painted the surrounding tile with a hammered bronze spray paint for an amazing fireplace makeover. The only time consuming part of this project is the extensive amount of taping and plastic masking necessary to prevent spray paint over-spray from landing on the surrounding carpet, furniture and walls. All in, this project took about 3 hours to complete with quite stunning results.
In addition to interior design and fine art, I am branching out into motorcycle and accessory pinstrpiing. Coming soon —redvixenpinstriping.com
A kitchen remodel does not mean that you have to spend thousands of dollars to get the results you want. If you are willing to put in a little hard work you can transform your vanilla kitchen into a haven of creativity that you will be excited to spend time in rather than dread.
This stunning kitchen transformation only required $300 of materials and a lot of patience and time. Over the course of 15 days, while transporting two children to and from school and wrangling my tornado of a two year old I transformed this builder basic cabinetry into a work of art.
I used Annie Sloan chalk paint for this project as it did not require me to disassemble and sand the cabinetry. I started with a gray paint on all of the cabinetry edges as that was the color I wanted to show through the distressing instead of the honey color of the original stain. After the gray had been added I proceeded to paint three coats of the Annie Sloan White on without sanding between coats since I wanted a very light distressed look in the finished product. Once all three coats of the chalk paint had been applied I lightly sanded and then covered the cabinetry with three coats of the Annie Sloan wax to seal it all in.
To improve the appearance of the back splash, I carefully taped and masked off the surrounding areas and carefully spray painted the tile with the same hammered bronze paint from my Fireplace Face Lift project. I cut my hardware costs by more than half by purchasing my pulls on Ebay rather than at a hardware store. Overall I updated thirty cabinets and seventeen drawers for this project. After a lot of sweat and elbow grease I have the kitchen that I envisioned was hiding inside the builder basic cabinetry that was installed.